Big Bad Film Fest presents a line-up of Independent and International Action Films in Los Angeles, CA focused on cultivating the indie filmmaking, stunt and action community all in one place. We seek to celebrate and promote the films and stars we love from the past, present, and future.
With a few exceptions, non-blockbuster action films have been relegated to REDBOX and endless lists of DVOD new releases, often dismissed as tax write offs that only sleepy dads could enjoy. Big Bad Film Fest wants to be a celebration for those who know that this isn't true as well as a source for discovery for those who want more from their action cinema.
Similarly, we want to celebrate action screenplays and screenwriters. The artistry involved in keeping an audience engaged and excited goes beyond "Insert Fight Here" and people deserve to be recognized as such.
Over the course of 4 days, we'll host screenings of films short and long, new and old, as well as live events and celebrations where you can meet your fellow action lovers.
RULES & TERMS
• All submissions must be independently produced
• We consider short films to be 1 minute - 40 minutes in length.
• Music videos will be considered
• The film must have been completed within 5 years of submission.
• Payments made to the event or venue cannot be refunded.
• We believe in and encourage submissions from minorities, women, and queer communities
• Combat/fighting must be a focus of the film
Please include the following with your submission:
• film poster (not required)
• behind the scenes & promotional photos (not required)
• how to credit your film
By submitting these materials with your film, the submitter and filmmaker(s) agree to grant Big Bad Film permission to share them for marketing and promotional purposes of the event.